Provision of Equestrian Coaching Services Terms and Conditions
Provision of services
1. The initial session will include a two part consultation. Part 1 will include an overview of Applied Equitation Solutions as well as an outline of experience, qualifications, terms of services fees & payment options. A brief review of the suitability/limitations of the proposed session location will be undertaken. No fee will be charged.
2. If the client and Applied Equitation Solutions mutually agree to progress with services the consultation will continue to Part 2 and fees will apply. Fees will be payable at the end of the Part 2 consultation. Part 2 of the consultation will include the collection of personal information, an assessment of the session location, an assessment of the horse and handler/rider combination, followed by initial goal setting.
3. After the initial consultation bookings are essential. Full payment is required prior to the conduct of further sessions unless otherwise agreed with Applied Equitation Solutions prior to the session.
4. Unless otherwise agreed Applied Equitation Solutions sessions will be 40 minutes in duration. A fee for travel to destinations up to 30 minutes from the business location is as per the fee schedule. Fees for traveling to destinations greater than 30 minutes in duration will be agreed between the client and Applied Equitation Solutions prior to travel commencing. In consultation with the client the booking of two or more sessions together, ie one after the other, may see a reduction in fees. Client loyalty packages maybe available from time to time.
5. Applied Equitation Solutions agrees to provide services in accordance with Australian Consumer Law. In accordance with the implied guarantees relating to the provision of services, if a client is not satisfied with our services a refund of fees may be made. All services will be: delivered with acceptable care, skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps in attempting to meet client goals, fit for the purpose or give the results that the client and Applied Equitation Solutions has agreed to, and delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
6. Session cancellation by the client, greater than 48 hours prior to a scheduled session, will see a full refund of fees paid. If the client advises of not being able to attend a session, less than 48 hours prior the scheduled time, no refund will be made. Rescheduling of the lesson will be offered. This session must be completed within 2 months of the cancelled session.
7. Cancellation by Applied Equitation Solutions due to safety conditions such as extreme wet weather, high winds and similarly assessed conditions will result in either a full refund or a replacement lesson being offered.
8. Methods for the payment of services will be via Direct Deposit or cash. An invoice for services will be provided on request.
Animal welfare, safety and behaviour
9. All sessions will be conducted with the welfare of the horse in mind. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the health and welfare of their horse is maintained in accordance with acceptable industry standards. If it is assessed by Applied Equitation Solutions that a horse’s welfare is being compromised, the session will either not be conducted, modified or terminated. No refund will normally be made if terminated. Welfare considerations may include, but not limited to: fitness of horse, type and fit of tack and saddlery, horse and rider combination (includes horse training level, rider ability and appropriate rider to horse weight ratios), or inappropriate human behaviours towards the horse (any behaviours which compromise current understanding of horse ethology, biomechanics and learning ability).
10. Safe conduct of sessions is paramount. Applied Equitation Solutions delivers services that comply with industry standards, accreditations, qualifications, experience and insurances. Clients are responsible for:
11. An Applied Equitation Solutions “Release and waiver of liability and assumption of risk and indemnity agreement" form is required to be signed prior to commencement of a session. No liability is held by Applied Equitation Solutions in the case of accident or injury caused due failure of personal protective equipment, tack or saddlery. If is it assessed that personal protective equipment, tack or saddlery is not of a required standard for a session, the session maybe cancelled, and no refund made.
12. If a client acts in a manner that is considered to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests of Applied Equitation Solutions, its management, staff or bystanders, the session will be terminated and no refund will be made.
Collection of personal information
14. Loyalty programs maybe offered from time to time. Terms and conditions associated with loyalty programs include:
Bookings can be made by text, email, phone call or using booking options as available from time to time. Bookings will be confirmed at the time or within 24hrs of receipt of a booking request.
Individual payment arrangements may be negotiated with regular clients.
Methods of payment are provided separately.
Fee schedule can be found on a separate page on this website.
Re-scheduling of the session can also be made at this time.
Located on Yass River Road Yass NSW 2582.
May be adjusted dependant on problem behaviour risk profile.
Generally, a rider’s weight should not exceed 15-20% of the horses weight.
Applied Equitation Solutions is responsible for confirming that tack and saddlery are fit for purpose only.